Minimum Qualifications For a permanent appointment, candidates must be a current NYS employee that is either reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list for Utility Consumer Program Specialist 3, Grade 23, or eligible for a transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
For provisional appointment, candidates must meet one of the following requirements:
One year of permanent or contingent permanent service as a Utility Consumer Program Specialist 2, Grade 18, or Utility Consumer Assistance Specialist 2, Grade 18; OR
Meet the following open competitive qualifications:
A. Seven years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
? Developing public awareness or consumer education programs relating to energy, telecommunications, water, or cable utility matters including, but not limited to, presentations to consumers, consumer advocates, regulatory agency personnel, or utility industry representatives;
? Analyzing utility customer education programs and/or customer service performance;
? Designing, implementing, or evaluating customer or client outreach or education programs and publications;
? Competitive energy markets;
? Development and implementation of consumer-related policies applicable to electric utilities;
? Development and implementation of electric utility customer service quality programs and performance incentives;
? Development and implementation of public policy programs for electric utilities including programs to assist vulnerable customers and economic development programs;
? Electric metering or submetering.
Or B: An associate's degree and five years of the qualifying experience;
Or C: A bachelor's degree and three years of the qualifying experience;
Or D: A master's degree and two years of the qualifying experience.
Duties Description The duties of the Utility Consumer Program Specialist 3, Grade 23, will include, but not be limited to:
• Assist in developing a plan to open retail energy markets on Long Island to competition, and ultimately, in implementing that plan
• Develop and implement consumer-related policies applicable to PSEG-LI customers
• Evaluate the customer service performance of PSEG-LI, and recommend improvements to PSEG-LI's performance incentives
• Develop and implement public policy programs for PSEG-LI customers, including programs to assist vulnerable customers and economic development programs
• Ensure that PSEG-LI complies with applicable requirements concerning the accuracy and testing of electric meters
• Identify new issues of concern to PSEG-LI customers and promptly bring to the attention of management
• Supervise and train staff, as required
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
3 Empire State Plaza, 16th Floor