Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Psychology Assistant 3
Candidates must be reachable for appointment from the current Civil Service eligible list;
OR for Transfer Opportunity:
Candidates must have one year of permanent service as a Psychology Assistant 3 and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be in a title deemed appropriate for transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law;
In the event that there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who meet the following open competitive qualifications may be qualified for a provisional appointment:
Master of psychology degree from a regionally accredited college or university psychology degree program which prepares graduates for clinical positions in the field of psychology in a clinical, forensic, community mental health, or school setting. Qualifying degree programs must have included coursework in psychological and behavioral assessment, and treatment modalities for psychological and behavioral disorders.
NOTE: A Certificate of Advanced Study in psychology cannot be substituted for the required master of psychology degree.
Examples of qualifying degree programs/majors include but are not limited to the following: clinical psychology, clinical forensic psychology, community psychology, counseling psychology, school psychology, and child psychology.
Examples of Non-qualifying degree programs/majors include but are not limited to the following: education, counseling, clinical counseling, clinical hypnosis, community counseling, educational counseling, forensic counseling, guidance counseling, human relations, marriage and family counseling, professional counseling, rehabilitative counseling, school counseling, student and personnel services, mental health counseling, psychological counseling, pastoral psychology, transpersonal psychology, neuroscience, experimental psychology, industrial psychology, and organizational psychology.
Note: If you are appointed provisionally, you must have taken the Psychology Assistant 3 test scheduled on January 20, 2018 and your score must be reachable on the resulting eligible list before you can be permanently appointed. If you do not pass the examination or achieve a reachable score, you may not be retained.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
PSYCHOLOGY ASSISTANT 3:
• Entry level; assists higher-level psychology staff in performing professional psychological services.
• Assist in the administration, scoring, and interpretation of psychological tests.
• Assist in the conduct of psychological evaluations.
• Participate at treatment team meetings and assist in the development of treatment plans.
• Prepare reports and maintain a wide variety of records.
Additional Comments Please note:
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.