Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications QUALIFICATIOINS: Any current DDSCTA 1/Trainee with ability to speak and interpret Spanish Language.
NOTE: Civil Service will determine your fluency and ability to perform interpretation for Spanish Language.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The DDSCTA I/Trainee who fulfills this position will be expected to complete all duties of the DDSCTA I and/or Trainee, with the following additional duties and responsibilities:
• Implement and interpret Spanish.
• Receptively and expressively, interpret accurately, effectively and impartially, using any necessary specialized vocabulary.
• Convey the individuals’ messages accurately.
• Provide training to the individual(s) who use(s) Spanish to communicate.
• Provide training to team members, family members, other individuals and a variety of support staff who communicate with the individual(s) who speaks Spanish.
• Accompany the individual to classes, consultations, appointments, outings/trips, court appearances, visits, recreational activities and so forth as recommended by the treatment team.
• Seek out and continue to improve his or her own Spanish language skills through workshops and classes.
• Seek out honest assessments of his or her own Spanish language skills from other people who speak Spanish fluently.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.