Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• In title Dentist 3, SG-32;
• Eligible to 52.6 transfer. To qualify for a permanent appointment under Section 52.6, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in a title designated as 52.6 transfer eligible.
• In the event that there is not a viable eligible list, candidates who meet the credentials below may qualify for a provisional appointment:
o Three years of full-time post licensure dentistry experience, one year of which must have included supervising other licensed, registered dentists.**
**Supervision limited to Dental Assistants and/or Dental Hygienists is considered non-qualifying supervisory experience.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reports directly to the Chief of Medical Services/designee
• Supervision of subordinate staff in the dental department, including ensuring training is provided, mandatory training is up to date, and employee evaluations are completed.
• Function as general dentist practitioner and perform full range of professional dental tasks in connection with the diagnosis and treatment of dental diseases, injuries and malfunctions of teeth and gums as prescribed by agency policy and procedures.
• Examinations of patients’ teeth and surrounding oral structures utilizing x-rays, mouth mirrors and other diagnostic procedures and instruments to determine pathological or irregular conditions.
• Performs restoration of simple and compound cavities with such materials as cement and amalgam. Administers local anesthetics via hypodermic syringes. Administers inhalation anesthetics such as nitrous oxide.
• Coordinates dental services with other clinical specialists, training staff, and ensuring that ordering of and maintaining dental equipment and supplies
• Supervises and/or ensures necessary medication is administered, including oral and “IM” conscious sedation or hospital based anesthesia, as needed.
• Performs oral surgery commensurate with professional qualifications. Performs single and multiple extractions of teeth both in a clinic and operating room setting.
• Cleans teeth by scaling calculus or other appropriate methods. Treats teeth, mouth and gum infections with appropriate drugs or by surgery.
• Maintains written records of patients’ dental treatments
• Determines need for dental and prosthetic appliances by studying patients to determine restoration needed. Takes mouth impressions and bite registrations for crowns, jackets, dentures and bridges, etc.
• Develop or review/revise policies and procedures related to dental care.
• May be required to provide clinical support to Sunmount DDSO campus.
Additional Comments ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
• Family and household member relationships: OPWDD policy may impact eligibility for this position. Employees are responsible for recognizing the relationship and not posting for positions where it would be a concern. Before you apply read Section 120.27 of the Region 3 Policy Manual. Please e-mail ODHPRSNL if you have you need help determining if this policy applies to you.
• CAPA: Must be cleared by the NYS Central Register for Child Abuse and Maltreatment, if position requires working with minors and not previously cleared.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications and should fax a current resume to the Capital District DDSO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process. Please be sure to include the vacancy number on this announcement on your resume:
Capital District DDSO
Amy Link, Human Resources Specialist 2
500 Balltown Road
Schenectady, New York 12304
OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER