Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Reassignment: One year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Education Program Assistant 1.
Section 70.1 Transfer to Education Program Assistant 1: One year of permanent competitive or 55 b/c service in a title allocated to SG-13 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Section 70.1 Transfer to Education Trainee: One year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title allocated to SG-13 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Section 70.4 Transfer: Candidates may be eligible for transfer to Education Trainee if they possess a bachelor’s degree AND have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title allocated to SG-9 or higher AND have standing on the Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible list or Public Administration Trainee Transition (PATT) eligible list.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates who are reachable on the Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible list or on the New York State Education Department’s Public Administration Trainee Transition (PATT) eligible list may be considered for appointment.
NOTE: If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s Office of the Professions (OP) is seeking to fill an Education Program Assistant 1 (EPA 1) position in the Boards for Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Dietetics and Nutrition, and the Committees for Athletic Trainers, Medical Physics, Perfusion and Pathologists’ Assistants. The incumbent of this position will provide support for a variety of functions connected to the licensure and regulation of professions. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist in performing duties related to veterinary continuing education, including sponsorship approval, conditional registrations, and audits for veterinarians and veterinary technicians;
• Assist Executive Secretary with administrative review of certain professional licensure applications;
• Coordinate requests by medical applicants for retake of the various professional licensure exams;
• Assist with coordination of applications for student clinical clerkship letters of eligibility;
• Assist with Board and Committee Meetings, as assigned;
• Reply to internal and external correspondence including written and telephone inquiries;
• Answer general questions relating to professional education, professional misconduct, obtaining a professional license, registration or limited permit, and other profession related inquiries, including questions related to the scope of practice of the 11 professions overseen by this Board office;
• Review and recommend approval or denial of applications for certain certificates of incorporation, articles of organization, and Freedom of Information Law requests;
• Coordinate with Board office staff and other OP offices, as necessary;
• Use various computer applications to update data on internal and external websites and databases; and
• Assist with other Board office tasks as assigned by the Executive Secretary;
• Periodic in-state travel related to board office business.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and/or transcripts will be required for all candidates at the time of interview.
The salary listed above applies to candidates appointed to Education Program Assistant 1, SG-14. The hiring rate for candidates appointed to Education Trainee 1 is $38,464. For current New York State employees, salary is based on the candidate’s salary at the time of hire. Transfer candidates to Education Trainee and appointees from the New York State Education Department’s Public Administration Trainee Transition (PATT) eligible list or the Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible list will serve a two-year traineeship leading to the grade 14 salary level.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $58,028 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by June 15, 2018 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (OP-1141/00054) in the subject line of your email and/or cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM Room 528EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by June 15, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (OP-1141/00054) in the subject line of your email and/or cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.