Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Assistant Director, Financial Administration 2.
Section 52.6 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-25 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
Provisional Appointment: A non-permanent provisional appointment may be considered. For non-permanent provisional appointment, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a financial management or budgeting position allocated to a SG-23 or higher.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of Financial Administration and Budget is seeking candidates for an Assistant Director, Financial Administration 2 position. Under the direction of the Director of Financial Administration, this position will oversee the Bureau of Fiscal Management. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Oversight of the Travel and Non-Employee Payment Units, to ensure all travel policies and procedures are adhered to and all payments are made timely;
• Oversight of the Accounts Payable Unit to ensure all payments are made timely and in accordance with NYSED, Office of State Comptroller (OSC) and Statewide Financial System (SFS) policies;
• Oversight of the Accounts Receivable and Revenue Units to ensure all deposits are made timely;
• Direct the activities for all financial transactions for State and federal grants, non-public Mandated Aid, contract payments, child nutrition reimbursements and other local aid reimbursements;
• Serve as liaison with the US Department of Education on the annual development of the Agencies Indirect Cost Plan;
• Oversight of the Purchasing Unit to ensure that all policies and procedures are in accordance with State purchasing guidelines;
• Oversight of local assistance and contract payments, including payments to Adult Career and Continuing Education Services (ACCES) vendors to ensure timely payments are made and in accordance with OSC payment policies and guidelines;
• Oversight of federal and State Reporting to ensure all reports are accurate and submitted timely;
• Serve as lead liaison with the OSC and SFS on various projects;
• Ensure all fiscal policies and procedures are updated and disseminated to all Department staff;
• Assess risks and oversee the development of adequate internal controls; and
• Supervise professional and clerical staff, as appropriate.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent or non-permanent provisional appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $111,005 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by June 19, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org (E-mail submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (CFO-338/04320) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM, Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION DEADLINE: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by June 19, 2018 to email@example.com (E-mail submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (CFO-338/04320) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.