Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
44 Holland Avenue
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be employed by New York State to be eligible to apply for this position.
Candidates must have permanent status as a Senior Health Care Fiscal Analyst, Grade 18 and be eligible for lateral transfer OR be eligible to transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description The Office of Mental Health (OMH) is seeking qualified candidates to fill a Senior Health Care Fiscal Analyst, Grade 18, position. This position is located in the Office of Financial Management, Community Budget and Financial Management Group. The incumbent of the position will be responsible for providing desk audits of fiscal reports submitted by community service providers, and analysis of service provider financial statements.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Perform desk audits of Consolidated Fiscal Reports submitted by community providers of Mental Health services. Desk audits focus on cost reporting issues and compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and reporting requirements.
• Review and analysis of service provider financial statements.
• Provide ongoing input to improve desk audit protocols.
• Participate in Consolidated Fiscal Reporting Interagency Committee with representatives from the Office of People with Developmental Disabilities, the Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services, and the State Education Department.
• Act as liaison with other OMH bureaus regarding program reporting needs and data request fulfillment.
• Participate in the continued development of the Consolidated Fiscal Reporting Manual and forms to accommodate new initiatives and changes in accounting principles.
• Participate in testing and development of Consolidated Fiscal Reporting software.
• Conduct Consolidated Fiscal Reporting provider training sessions.
• Correspond with and maintain a caseload of local service providers and their retained accounting professionals.
• Maintain records of cost reports, correspondence, financial statements, and case notes.
• Prepare reports and queries from Oracle databases and other sources using business intelligence tools.
• Assist in data collection, analysis processes and rate setting for Article 28 hospitals, Article 31 Private Psychiatric Hospitals and Residential Treatment Facilities (RTFs).
• Conduct periodic internal control updates and testing .
• Contribute to a wide range of OMH special projects, including policy objectives such as implementation of Executive Order #38 and Legacy Contract Reviews.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position and Vacancy ID #53799 in the subject line of your email when applying.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.