Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
44 Holland Avenue
Minimum Qualifications Transfer:
Candidates must be employed by New York State to be eligible to apply for this position.
Candidates must have permanent status as a Principal Health Care Fiscal Analyst, Grade 27 and be eligible for lateral transfer OR be eligible to transfer via Sections 52.6 or 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
In the event there is no viable Civil Service list, a provisional appointment may be made. In order to be eligible for a provisional appointment, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as an Associate Health Care Fiscal Analyst, Grade 23, Associate Health Care Management Systems Analyst, Grade 23 , Resources & Reimbursement Program Development Speciailist 2, Grade 23, or Associate Medical Facilities Auditor, Grade 23.
Candidates appointed provisionally must take the next scheduled Civil Service examination for this title, and their score must be reachable on the resulting eligible list before they can be permanently appointed. Candidates who do not pass the examination or achieve a reachable score may not be retained. At this time, a date for the Principal Health Care Fiscal Analyst examination has not been announced.
Duties Description The Office of Mental Health (OMH) is recruiting to fill one Principal Health Care Fiscal Analyst, G-27, position in the Office of Financial Management, Community Budget and Financial Management Group. Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for the direction of all activities of the Consolidated Fiscal Report Unit.
- Supervise staff, monitoring work assignments to ensure accuracy and completion within established time frames.
- Provide technical assistance to OMH Bureaus, other state agencies and local providers.
- Resolve complex issues within OMH facilities concerning the accurate reporting of cost and statistical data.
- Respond to inquiries received from other units within OMH as well as other state agencies pertaining to the OMH operating costs and appropriate billing and reimbursement procedures. •Responsible for the supervision of analysts involved with the calculation of cost based Medicaid rates using accounting data from provider cost reports. Oversees the rate-setting process, and understands all the regulations, both Federal and State, that govern the process.
- Maintains latest knowledge on accounting standards, and ensure such standards are included in the cost report documents. Solicits input from outside accounting organizations on such topics to ensure consistent interpretation of the standards.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position and Vacancy ID #53864 in the subject line of your email when applying.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.