Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
500 Balltown Road
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Candidates must be reachable for appointment on the current Developmental Disabilities Program Specialist eligible list or a current New York State employee eligible to transfer under section 52.6 or 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Office for People With Developmental Disabilities Technical Assistance and Consultation Team (TACT) is a resource for all NY OPWDD facilities as well as voluntary providers. The TACT mentors’ best practices through training, and support to convert policy into practice and offers constructive scrutiny of facility practices. The TACT team Coordinator will facilitate and oversee the TACT team members in completing record reviews, interviews of individuals, staff and family, and programmatic observations. The findings of each visit will culminate with an exit meeting and a written report. Frequent travel is required for the TACT team coordinator.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The incumbent of this position will make frequent visits to program sites throughout the state. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide direct supervision of the Technical Assistance Team members.
• Site observations and reports.
• Interview staff, individuals and family members as needed.
• Act a liaison between the agency director and the TACT team.
• Provide findings of site assignment/visits to OPWDD Central Office Administration.
• Maintain sound knowledge of current/future State and Federal regulations as they apply to OPWDD.
• Provide technical assistance and guidance to the treatment team to ensure compliance with state and federal guidelines.
• Act as a liaison between Department of Health/OPWDD Division of Quality Improvement.
• Identify needs of service recipients and propose solutions via policy and procedure development.
• Offer constructive scrutiny of facility practices.
• Share best practices from all DDSOO’s.
• Research and review data and demographics prior to policy development.
• May coordinate community of practice meetings with subject matter experts across DDSOOs.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Please note:
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue