Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
9 Wilbur Road
Minimum Qualifications 1. Must currently be a permanent Developmental Disabilities Program Specialist 2;
2. Must be active and reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for Developmental Disabilities Program Specialist 2;
3. Eligible for 70.1 transfer by way of current permanent status in a title deemed comparable by the NYS Department of Civil Service (must also be within 2 grades of targeted title)
4. Provisional appointments will only be considered if there are insufficient in-Title and/or Civil Service List candidates.
QUALIFICATION FOR PROVISIONAL APPOINTMENT:
• One year of experience as a Developmental Disabilities Program Specialist 1.
Duties Description Planning and development of OPWDD funded services in conjunction with individuals, families, voluntary providers & local
government in Rockland County.
• Oversee Front Door processes for authorization of enrollment of eligible individuals in OPWDD funded programs such as IRA’s, community habilitation, day habilitation, vocational services, ISS, Environmental Modifications, Medicaid Service Coordination and others services as needed.
• Coordination of review processes for requests for individual in home or other services involving all stake holders.
• Advocate for individuals and families when they are confronted with difficult situations.
• Mediate between providers and individuals in difficult situations.
• Coordinate with QI to investigate complaints regarding service quality.
• Triage emergency service requests.
• Outreach to schools and other community organizations and families to assure transition to OPWDD service system.
• Assist with the planning for special populations needing supports in Rockland County including those aging out of residential school settings or those identified from other OPWDD facilities.
• Liaison to Central Office for the HVDDSO district on various processes/projects.
• Manage and Supervise community supports team in Rockland County for services in this county.
• Liaison with Local Government Units for Rockland County.
• Contact with local advocacy associations inclusive of Self advocacy and other advocacy organizations.
• Network service approvals to all new development as it relates to Rockland County.
• Coordinate Crisis response and interventions related to the immediate needs of individuals in local hospitals, behavioral units, other environments, or at home who need immediate supports.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by June 19, 2018 to:
DDRO 3 – Hudson Valley
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 470
7 Wilbur Rd.
Thiells, NY 10984
Phone: 845-947-6000, option 3, option 5
Please reference the above EOA # in all correspondence.
• The assignment of PS&T employees will be made in accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding between PEF and Hudson Valley DDSO regarding the posting of job vacancies.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• PENDING DOB APPROVAL
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
P.O. Box 470
Notes on ApplyingAlthough an office will be located in Rockland, the actual assignment may require traveling within the Hudson Valley four County District, as well as occasional trips to Albany.
Developmental Disabilities Program Specialist 2’s are responsible for the administration, direction, and coordination of the treatment activities of an interdisciplinary treatment team and programs tailored to meet the needs of individuals with mental illness, developmental, physical, and/or intellectual disabilities.