Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must currently be reachable on the Information Technology Specialist 3 (Programming), SG-23 list, OR be eligible to transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
Candidates must have one year of permanent, competitive service in a qualifying title allocated to salary grade 21 or higher.
Duties Description • Collaborate with Payroll’s business teams to gather and refine business requirements.
• Analyze functional requirements, and develop technical requirements/specifications.
• Investigate ways to apply delivered PeopleSoft technology as a solution to business problems, providing associated benefits and risks of the approach.
• Analyze the best approach for implementing customizations.
• Assist team members in creation of design documents and other related system documentation. Review and approve final technical design.
• Code new programs and modules as well as changes to existing programs and modules.
• Assist team members with development tasks as needed.
• Enforce Oracle PeopleSoft application coding standards are followed and validate code against those standards.
• Perform program testing/tuning and assist others as needed.
• Ensure a test plan/test conditions are created, including regression conditions, and that all conditions have been successfully tested.
• Help staff troubleshoot production issues and provide on call support when needed.
• Conduct technical walkthroughs and code reviews of proposed system changes.
• Manage and monitor user acceptance testing of all code changes in a test environment, as well as resolution of any defects. Assist staff with implementing new features, resolving technical issues.
• Collaborate with group supervisor to evaluate resource availability and priorities for work assignments undertaken by any subordinate staff.
• Assign work to direct reports and monitor their progress. Work with team members to develop time frames around critical dates to ensure timely completion of assignments.
• Discuss progress reports with supervisor, and report progress/issues in a timely manner to ensure assignments are completed on time.
• Keep current on Oracle PeopleSoft technology and mentor team members in current and new technologies. Encourage professional development for team members and assist in developing training plans that will enhance the team’s ability to deliver solutions.
• Provide guidance to team members regarding policies, procedures, time management, and other reporting. Deliver timely evaluations and development plans for staff, and encourage high professional and ethical standards. Manage personnel issues for direct reports.
Additional Comments Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Demonstrated experience in PeopleSoft SQR (1 to 2 years)
• Demonstrated experience in SQL
• Demonstrated experience in SQR
• Demonstrated experience in MicroFocus COBOL
• Demonstrated experience in business programming relating to payroll.
• Demonstrated experience with programming tools/IDEs (ie: Eclipse, Ultra Editor, etc.)
• Demonstrated experience with database management tools (ie: TOAD, Oracle SQL Developer, etc.)
• Demonstrated experience with Oracle SQL (ie: writing/tuning SQL, modifying tables, etc.)
• Demonstrated experience with PeopleSoft Application EngineDemonstrated experience with PeopleSoft Integration Broker
• Demonstrated experience with PeopleSoft Portal
• Demonstrated experience in supervising others
• Proficient at communicating with technical staff and customers alike
• Strong analytical thinker with excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated experience in handling high pressure situations, including the ability to work under tight deadlines, troubleshoot production issues (both during shift and on call), and able to shift priorities with minimal guidance
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 22, 2018. Please reference Item #867– GOER-MPM when responding.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The GOER ID # should not be included.