Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must be reachable on the Office Assistant 2 (Customer Service) eligible list or eligible to transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
To be eligible for a 70.1 transfer, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in a qualifying title allocated to a salary grade 7 or above.
Duties Description Answer calls directed to the Office of Unclaimed Funds Communication Center that are received.
• Receives calls from claimants and Reporting Organizations
• Answers questions related to claim status, expected processing timeframes, form completion and required claim documentation
• Identifies property for Claim by Phone (PBP) eligibility, establishes claim and requests required proof documentation or recommends payment according to agency rules, regulations, policies and/or procedures.
Answer emails directed to the Office of Unclaimed Funds Communication Center
• Reads and interpret e-mails and attached correspondence and drafts response, images to appropriate claim
• Request check status request when necessary and completes change of address notifications.
Process claims identified as simple (low value, single/living owners; easy to process).
• Read and interpret claim correspondence
• Perform database searches using information extracted from the correspondence; input claimant contact information (name, address, phone number); identify and link claim properties; determine if claim requirements have been met
• Draft new correspondence, approve claims for payment
Additional Comments DESIRED COMPETENCIES:
• Good computer skills
• Customer service experience
• Familiarity with unclaimed funds
• Experience working in teams
• Good communication skills – writing and verbal
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingNotes on Applying: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 18, 2018.
Please reference Item # 06086 and #06149– GOER-JDC
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The VACANCY ID # should not be included