Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
44 Holland Avenue
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible to transfer. To qualify for a permanent appointment under Section 70.1, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in a title designated as 70.1 transfer eligible.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Under the supervision of higher-level staff, the incumbent will be responsible for several support functions within the Bureau of Central Office Human Resources Management at the Office for People, including: civil service eligible list management; human resources and payroll transaction processing, leave and time and attendance administration; health benefits; employee onboarding; and/or worker’s compensation administration.
OPWDD Central Office has recently transitioned human resources functions to the Business Services Center (BSC). Under the direction of a higher-level human resources staff member, this position will support a team of positions in administering human resources functions in a BSC-hosted environment, serving as both a business liaison with the BSC and a technical advisor and support staff processing and submitting both hosted and non-hosted human resources transactions. OPWDD’s Bureau of Human Resources Management Central Office is a high-volume, fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate for this position will have expertise in one or more of the human resources areas listed above, including in the use of common IT systems supporting these functions.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Track and manage all leaves for Central Office employees, which includes FMLA, Worker’s Compensation, Sick Leave at Half-Pay, Leave Donation and Paid Family Leave, etc.
• Serve as Worker’s Compensation liaison between employees and the State Insurance Fund
• Serve as Health Benefits liaison with the BSC
• Monitor BSC mailbox
• Submit BSC Transaction Request Forms
• Civil Service Eligible Lists (ELMS) – Canvass and prepare lists for recruitment
Additional Comments Please note:
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue