Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Human Resources Office
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Any permanent Associate Director of Human Resources 1 OR one year of service as a Human Resources Specialist 2 or Human Resources Specialist 2 (Labor Relations).
Long Island DDSO may, at its discretion, elect to make an appointment in accordance with Civil Service Law, Rules and Regulations and applicable contracts, in lieu of using this posting.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The Associate Director of Human Resources 1 oversees, plans, directs and implements actions related to providing and maintaining a qualified and dedicated workforce of over 1,300 employees to serve the needs of persons with disabilities at Long Island DDSO.
DUTIES include but are not limited to:
• Directing agency human resources programs, including supervision of administrative and clerical staff.
• Supervise employee relation functions, including investigations, preparation of disciplinary actions, hearing and responding to employee grievances.
• Provide technical human resources expertise to agency managers and staff on a variety of human resources issues including recruitment, performance evaluation, Family Medical Leave Act, contract administration, time and attendance etc.
• As a member of the senior management team provide on-call coverage for the agency, participate in planning and development of programs, and serve as a member of executive staff.
• Participate in or chair various committees; special projects as directed.
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to operate independently
• Review of time and attendance and personal history folder
• Must be able to flex time as required
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Human Resources Office
Notes on ApplyingSubmit cover letter and résumé by July 16, 2018.
Please reference EOA #2018-115 in all correspondence.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by December 22, 2017 and reference EOA #2017-135 on all correspondence.
APPOINTMENT TO THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON DIVISION OF BUDGET APPROVAL