Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
25 Beaver Street
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QULAIFICATIONS:
Candidates must be current New York State employees with one year of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as an Associate Auditor OR one year of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service in a title eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The incumbent of this position will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following activities:
• Performs and supervises billing and claiming audits in accordance with the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS) mandate.
• Performs and supervises audit activities according to a scope of work to be developed.
• Plans, organizes, and executes audit activities related to assignments:
o Participates in opening conferences, field work, and closing conferences.
o Serves as a liaison with the auditee; communicating audit objectives, information requests, and the results from the audit work.
o Evaluates and makes judgments about the significance of factual and evidentiary material examined in the course of an audit.
o Communicates the progress and matters of significance to the audit supervisor and senior management.
o Prepares and organizes the audit working papers and the results into audit reports.
• Adheres to OPWDD Employee Guidelines, OAS Audit Manuals, and participate in development of bureau audit manuals or training programs.
• Provides supervision to audit staff.
• Updates work in the audit unit’s information databases, monitoring/tracking the overall progress for projects.
• Interfaces as liaison with OPWDD contractors on questions and information.
• Participate in any additional special projects as directed and as assigned, actively participate in agency internal controls functions.
Additional Comments Please note:
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingNOTE: 50 Percent travel required (including overnights).
ADDITIONAL COMMENT: Monday – Thursday Compressed Work Week
Submit cover letter and résumé by July 16, 2018. Please reference the above EOA 2018-93 in all correspondence.