Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications YOU MUST BE A CURRENT STATE EMPLOYEE TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR APPOINTMENT TO THIS POSITION.
Senior Auditor Grade 18: Eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law, having one year of permanent competitive service in an appropriate title. Appropriate titles include but are not limited to:
Senior Accountant SG-18, Senior Internal Auditor SG -18, Data Processing Fiscal System Auditor 1, SG-18, Tax Auditor 1 SG-18, State Program Examiner 1 SG-18...Please note that in order to be appointed to this you you must have 24 credit hours of Accounting and or Auditing.
Duties Description Senior Auditors review the financial records of NYSIF policyholders to ensure that we are using the correct classifications and the associated remuneration for premium calculation. Financial records include but are not limited to, business tax returns, payroll records, bank records, contracts, etc.
The Senior Auditor is a field position. We are currently in need of a Senior Auditor Warren, Essex, Hamilton, Franklin, or Clinton Counties. Based on the operational needs of the office, work may be assigned in any of the 17 counties serviced by the Albany District office of NYSIF. This may include extensive travel and overnights. The field auditor is required to have a valid driver's license and a reliable vehicle. The field auditor must be flexible, self-directed and independent. The position requires laptop proficiency. The Senior Auditor physically reports to the Albany District Office 1-2 times a month for required meetings and trainings. Based on the needs of the employee and office, additional reporting may be required.
Premium Auditors are responsible for the following tasks and performance standards:
1. Planning and scheduling their work based on priority and in a manner that keeps their work up to date and avoids work falling into arrears.
2. They perform high quality audits in accordance with our premium audit practices and procedures.
3. Auditors fully explain the audit to the policyholder to identify and resolve any audit issues.
4. Provide good customer service by assisting the policyholder who has questions or concerns. The Auditor will maintain professional appearance and behavior.
5. Auditors will complete and submit their audits and other required reports to the office on a daily basis.
6. As the Auditor gains experience they will assist in the training of new auditors and perform more difficult and time consuming audits.
Additional Comments YOU MUST BE A CURRENT STATE EMPLOYEE TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR TRANSFER TO THIS POSITION. SECTION 55 B/C CANDIDATES WHO MEET THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS TO APPLY FOR THIS EXAM ARE ALSO ELIGIBLE TO APPLY.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease include the position title and vacancy id number on your cover letter. Candidates should mail a resume and cover letter to 15 Computer Drive West, Albany, NY 12205 or fax to 518-437-1618. Resumes may also be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.