Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
44 Holland Avenue
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be employed by New York State to be eligible to apply for this position. Candidates must currently be permanent as a Mental Health Program Specialist 2 and eligible for a lateral transfer OR have one year of permanent service in a title eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description The Office of Mental Health (OMH) is currently recruiting to fill one Mental Health Program Specialist 2, Grade 23, position to work in the Division of State Operated Children's and Adult Services. The Divison of State Operations has a diverse portfolio with the primary goal of ensuring that individuals in any state operated program are receiving the supports, skils and knowledge to help them lead their best life. This position will be responsible for both clinical and administrative activities that have the potential to impact the overall system of care.
The incumbent will be responsible for leading activities related to policy and program development at NYS Psychiatric Centerers serving children and adolescents in inpatient, outpatient and residential programs; managing and monitoring the pending admissions process and practices for 19 OMH operated civil hospitals; and working with Senior Leadership to implement initiatives designed to transform the services currently being delivered in state operated programs. Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Lead activitivies intended to support the transformation of state-operated children and youth inpatient programs to ensure services are delievered in an efficient, effective, and youth/family oriented manner.
• Identify evidence based practices to be implemented across inpatient, outpatient and residentail programs serving youth.
• Provide technical assistance to Psychiatric Centers serving children in developing and implementin implementation plans for Youth Empowerment Strategies (YES!), including addressing systemic barriers as needed.
• Participate as a member of the Pending Admissions team, which involves facilitating bi-weekly wait list calls and following up on identified issues to ensure timely access to inpatient services.
• Provide technical assistance in treatment planning and discharge planning actitivities on individual, complex cases and system level issues impacting youth, and identifying systemic issues that need to be addressed to support same.
• Partner with other subject matter experts to support the operational needs of each facility.
• Partner with other state agencies to address issues impacting the delivery of services to youth and their families
• Assist with other special projects as assigned.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position and Vacancy ID #54830 in the subject line of your email when applying.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.