Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Candidates who are reachable on the current Civil Service List, have one year of permanent competitive service as a Secretary 1, or one year of permanent competitive service in an office assistant, clerical, secretarial or keyboarding title allocated to Grade 9 or higher may be eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. You must also have passed or be able to pass a typing test at 30 wpm with 96% accuracy.
If you are uncertain if your title qualifies for 70.1 transfer, you can find this information on the Civil Service Career Mobility Office web site: https://careermobilityoffice.cs.ny.gov, click on GOT-IT/Title Search Results.
Duties Description The Revenue Accounting Office is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Secretary 1, G-11. The incumbent will be responsible for performing tasks which fall into four broad categories: communication, coordination, organization and records maintenance. Within these categories, you would perform a variety of tasks which include assistance in accounting for the $2.1 billion in revenue collected by the DMV on an annual basis. Accounts are reconciled both daily and monthly. Tasks for this position consist of, but are not limited to:
• Prepares and executes ACH transfers for up to 60 county offices, daily
• Prints bank statements from various banking websites, monthly
• Assists offices with questions regarding their money deposits and reports, daily
• Acts as a liaison between the field offices and the courier/bank to assist with issues involving money pickup and change order delivery, daily
• Supervises one G-6 employee, daily
• Reconciles 8 bank accounts consisting of 30 different offices, both daily and monthly
• Interacts heavily with the bank to ensure all deposits are correct and all errors are situated in a more than timely basis
• Reconciles the returned checks that DMV receives on a monthly basis
• Completes sales tax receipts on a monthly basis to be sent to the Department of Tax and Finance
• Compiles office deposit information for 6 units to assist the accountant with their monthly revenue reporting
• Enter deposit information into DMV’s account system daily
• Scans check deposits into the account’s respective bank account as scheduled
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Revenue Accounting, Room 233
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a cover letter indicating how you meet the qualifications for appointment. Please also include a clear and concise resume, and submit all documents via the fax number or email address listed above. Candidates applying from outside DMV may be asked for their social security number to verify NYS employment history and transfer eligibility.