Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Base: Blackhawk North IRA, 170 Blackhawk Road
Minimum Qualifications 1. Must currently be a Nurse Administrator 1;
2. Must be active and reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for Nurse Administrator 1;
3. Eligible for provisional * appointment.
Minimum qualifications for current New York State Employees:
Two years of permanent competitive 55-b/55-b service as follows:
A. Nurse 2, Nurse 2 (Psychiatric), Nurse 2 (Psychiatric – Spanish Language), Nurse 2 (Psychiatric – Chinese Language), Nurse 2 (Manual Communications), Community Mental Health Nurse, Community Mental Health Nurse (Spanish Language), Infection Control Nurse, or Senior Utilization Review Nurse.
B. Two years in any Grade 16 or higher position that requires a license and current New York State registration as a Registered Nurse.
NOTE: *Provisional appointments will only be considered if there are insufficient in-Title and /or Civil Service List candidates.
Duties Description • Provide orientation and ongoing clinical oversight of the nurses working at Blackhawk North & South Ira’s.
• Chair regularly scheduled meetings with the nurses to discuss clinical and operational issues.
• Work directly with the DDPS 4 and the TTL’s to identify and/or discuss any nursing issues, clinical or operational. Develop strategies to overcome any issues identified.
• Coordinate weekend and holiday nursing coverage.
• Coordinates off-hours insulin and treatment coverage, including the scheduling of per diem nurses.
• With the DDPS 4 and the TTL’s, develop and coordinate nursing assignments as needed.
• Conduct scheduled and unscheduled reviews of the delivery of services by the nurses.
• Conduct scheduled and unscheduled reviews of the documentation of the delivery of services by the nurses.
• Assist with the development of plans of corrective action (POCA’s) in response to nursing citations.
• Conduct internal control studies of nursing issues as necessary.
• Assist the TTL in conducting performance evaluation of the nurses.
• Will participate in standing committees, perform in-service and conduct audits as assigned.
• Details will be discussed as part of the interview.
Additional Comments SELECTION CRITERIA:
• When applying, please furnish a current daytime telephone number.
• Management reserves the right to determine the number of qualified candidates to be interviewed.
• At the time of offer, you must be ready to accept or decline the position.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by July 17, 2018, to:
DDSOO 4 – Hudson Valley
P.O. Box 470
7 Wilbur Road
Thiells, NY 10984
Phone: 845-947-6000, option 3, option 5
Please reference the above EOA # in all correspondence.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.