Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Swan Street Building, Core 4
Minimum Qualifications Open to NYS employees with one year of permanent competitive service as a Contract Management Specialist 1 OR in a position at G-16 or above deemed administrative under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law OR in a title approved for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in advancement of more than two salary grades.
Qualifications for Contract Management Specialist Trainee. Also open to New York State employees in a title approved for transfer to Contract Management Specialist Trainee under Section 70.1or 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
Candidates with at least one year of permanent competitive service in a title allocated to G-11 or higher who have standing on the PCO eligible list or those who successfully completed the recent holding of the PATT and who have a bachelor’s degree may be eligible for transfer under the provisions of Section 70.4 of the Civil Service Law.
Candidates eligible for consideration under the Governor's Program to Hire Persons/Veterans with Disabilities pursuant to Section 55b/c of the Civil Service Law will also be considered. Individuals certified eligible for the 55b/c program must possess a bachelor's degree to meet the education qualifications. Please provide a copy of your letter of eligibility and a copy of your unofficial transcript with your response.
The salary range identified above applies to candidates appointed to Contract Management Specialist 1, G-18. The hiring rate for candidates appointed to Contract Management Specialist Trainee starts at $42,986 and is based on the candidate's salary at the time of hire. Candidates hired into the Traineeship will be advanced to Contract Management Specialist 1 upon the successful completion of a two-year traineeship.
Note: If you are on the examination eligible list for the position title in this location, you do not need to respond to this posting unless you are also eligible for appointment by one of the qualifications listed above. Candidates must be reachable on the current eligible list certification for this title in order to be list appointed. Please respond to all eligible list canvasses received.
Duties Description The incumbent will reside within the Finance Procurement and Contracts Unit and will assist in the performance of a wide variety of activities associated with contractual, administrative, and fiscal management services.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of all State regulations, rules, and laws governing the procurement and contracting process, as well as initiating and revising procedures to address changes in the laws and regulations.
• Review proposed contracts for fiscal and programmatic correctness, adherence to State policy, compatibility with agency programs and program goals, availability of funds, and appropriateness of rates.
• Prepare contract amendments, working with Legal, programmatic and other Finance staff.
• Assist with the monitoring of contract execution, identifying and reporting on contractor deficiencies, and administering contract closeout procedures.
• Review procurement records to ensure that all applicable laws, rules, and regulations are adhered to and that proposed contracts represent the "best value" to the State.
• Participate in the development of Request for Proposal, Invitation for Bid, or other procurement vehicles and draft Contract Reporter advertisements for the approval of the Contract/Budget Manager.
• Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with the unit staff and provide guidance, technical assistance, and training as needed to facilitate the contract and procurement processes and ensure control requirements are met.
• Work with office staff regarding State Finance Law requirements and other laws that apply to the procurement of goods and services, and provide guidance regarding procurement strategies to be used for acquisitions and various procurement methodologies to prevent bid protests by unsuccessful bidders.
• Perform contract and other procurement functions in the Statewide Financial System.
• Respond to audit inquiries.
• Assist with the development of and participate in, bidders' conferences and evaluation review committees.
• Prepare work plans to identify key deliverables, lead responsibility and critical timelines.
• Respond to questions raised by control agencies during the approval process.
• Monitor industry trends and prices.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
PO Box 2062
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to the attention of Louise C. Nails, no later than July 15, 2018 and indicate that you are applying for Contract Management Specialist 1/Trainee, G-18, Ref. #17929. In your cover letter, please clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications as stated above, and describe relevant experience for this position.
Your Social Security Number may be required in order to confirm your eligibility.