Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent, or 55b/c service as an Office Assistant 2; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Grade 7 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Employees reachable on the Office Assistant 2 Civil Service eligible list will be canvassed and should not respond to this posting. This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities.
NOTE: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer to Office Assistant 2 is available in the Division of Human Resources Management or through Civil Service GOT-IT available at www.cs.ny.gov.
Incumbent will be assigned to the Business Services Center (BSC) Finance or Human Resources (HR) Office. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting with BSC file maintenance.
• Processing routine transactions using various computer systems.
• Managing and distributing E-mail that is submitted to the BSC shared mailbox.
• Answering phone calls and assigning tickets in the RightNow system.
• Maintaining various Excel spreadsheets.
• Assisting the service line with the timely and professional completion of daily administrative activities as necessary.
• Consistently provide quality customer service to all BSC customers (i.e. vendors, customer agencies, state employees).
• Work will require correspondence with various parties including vendors, customer agencies and other BSC staff.
• The ideal candidate will have experience using Microsoft Office software including, Word, Excel, Access and Outlook; exceptional customer service skills; strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a part of a team; strong written and verbal communication skills.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.