Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be reachable on the Business Systems Analyst 2, G-23, Civil Service eligible list OR have one year of permanent competitive service as a Business Systems Analyst 2, G-23. Also open to NYS employees at or above G-21 who are eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in an advancement of more than two grade levels. In order to qualify for Section 52.6 transfer, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in an administrative title as defined by Section 52.6. Examples of qualifying Section 52.6 titles include, but are not limited to, Senior Administrative Assistant, G-23; and Information Technology Specialist 3, G-23. Candidates reachable on the eligible list will be considered through canvass and need not apply.
-Excellent written and oral communication skills;
-Proficiency in Excel and the MS Office Suite;
-Basic understanding of SQL and database structures;
-Familiarity with Tableau, OBIEE and/or SharePoint.
Duties Description Under the general supervision of the Project Manager 2, the incumbent will guide the Business System Analyst 1 to provide Division of the Budget (Division) staff with the support and training to get the maximum benefit from Division IT systems, and systems developed and maintained by other control agencies. The incumbent will represent the Division and work with the appropriate ITS and control agency staff to ensure that systems are meeting the Division’s needs and that staff can collect the appropriate data from these system as needed to carry out the Division’s core mission.
Responsibilities of the Business Systems Analyst 2 for the Data Analytics and Technology Team would include, but are not limited to:
• Work with Division staff to research and gather requirements for application enhancements.
• Provide recommendations for system enhancements to meet the changing business processes of the Division.
• Manage activities to ensure recommendations are implemented.
• Liaise with appropriate ITS staff to ensure Division’s needs are met, outstanding issues are resolved, and continuity of operations is retained.
• Provide user support and training.
• Complete testing of new enhancements before enhancements are released in the live system.
• Develop content in SharePoint, Tableau and other technologies as required.
• Ensure that data integrity is maintained by becoming technically familiar with underlying data structures.
• Create, update and improve the ability for ad hoc reporting for a variety of systems, both in-house and those maintained by other control agencies.
Additional Comments To be considered for a current or future position with the Budget Division, please complete the Online Employment Application at https://www.budget.ny.gov/resume/ and select "Business Systems Analyst 2" in the Title Selection Section.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for a current or future position with the Budget Division, please complete the Online Employment Application at https://www.budget.ny.gov/resume/ and select "Business Systems Analyst 2" in the Title Selection Section.