Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Office of General Services employees who have permanent, contingent-permanent or 55 b/c status as a BSC Analyst 1 and are interested in reassignment; OR current New York State employees with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position at SG-13 or above and eligible for transfer under section 52.6, 70.1, or 70.4 of the Civil Service Law*.
*Comprehensive lists of titles approved for transfer to a BSC Analyst 1, BSC Analyst Trainee 1 and BSC Analyst Trainee 2 are available in the Division of Human Resources Management or through Civil Service GOT-IT at www.cs.ny.gov.
NOTE: Successful completion of a two year traineeship leads to appointment as a BSC Analyst 1, SG-18.
Candidates who are currently 55b/c eligible AND possess a bachelor’s degree are encouraged to apply for this position. If you qualify using this method you are required to provide us with your current letter of eligibility from Civil Service along with your resume.
Individuals with current standing on the Professional Career Opportunity (PCO) eligible list with the score of 100 or above are encouraged to apply.
The BSC Support Customer Care service line is filling one BSC Analyst 1, SG-18, position to help assist Customer Care operations related to external communications and customer relations. The incumbent will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
• Participating in and facilitating meetings and events (e.g. workshops, open houses, town halls and forums) including knowledge exchanges with agencies.
• Updating the BSC website with announcements, information, and ensure it is up-to-date.
• Revising and distributing communication content to BSC customers (e.g. announcements, emails, brochures, presentations, and trainings) and working directly with the PIO on protocol and revisions needed.
• Documenting and drafting standard work related to BSC Customer Care functions and working on special assignments as requested.
• Responding to customer inquiries via telephone, in person and/or by e-mail.
• Assisting in the creation and maintenance of Customer reports and outreach to service lines within the BSC.
• Working with the Tax Call Center to ensure up-to-date information regarding BSC processes is being communicated to customers.
• Providing Customer Care owned training to BSC employees.
• Leading and participating in team huddles and sharing your ideas and insights with staff.
• Incorporating lean principles across all work, and following the WILO (Week in the Life Of) schedule, and performing all duties with a “continuous improvement” mindset, offering ideas and solutions to coworkers.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.