Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must be reachable on the Office Assistant 2 eligible list or eligible to transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
To be eligible for a 70.1 transfer, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in a qualifying title allocated to a salary grade 7 or above.
Duties Description Conduct off-site outreach events targeted at raising awareness about unclaimed funds.
• Assist the general public with searching the unclaimed funds database at outreach events all over NYS.
• Assistance in starting or completing claims.
• Answer a wide range of questions relating to unclaimed funds.
• Advise claimants of required documentation; substantiate documentation provided.
• Work with vendors and other parties to provide background information about unclaimed funds, schedule related accommodations.
Process claims resulting from outreach events.
• Use the OUF system(s) to initiate claims that result from outreach events.
• Review documentation provided and compare to the processing guidelines to determine if they are payable or require further documentation, which is then requested (in writing or by phone) if needed.
• Handle a wide variety of claims.
Conduct proactive outreach activities.
• Research potential target groups for proactive outreach opportunities (Not-for-Profit groups, retirees, member associations).
• Prepare correspondence and claim forms for owners of unclaimed funds for mass mailing campaigns.
• Track responses on various databases; establish and process claims as appropriate.
Additional Comments DESIRED COMPETENCIES:
• Unclaimed Funds Experience – Working knowledge of OUF policies and procedures and demonstrated expertise in the areas of the New York State Abandoned Property Law, the Comptroller’s Rules and Regulations, and the business practices and policies of the Office of Unclaimed Funds.
• Customer Service – Demonstrated strong customer service skills and a commitment to providing exceptional, value-added service to internal and external customers.
• Teamwork – Exhibited the ability to work effectively as part of a team and serve as a role model to the individual team members.
• Communication Skills – Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively navigate formal and informal communication and decision-making channels
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 20, 2018. Please reference Item # 05843 GOER-JDC
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The VACANCY ID # should not be included