Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications CURRENT STATE EMPLOYEES:
Current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as an Office Assistant 1 (Stores/Mail); OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Salary Grade 6 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Employees reachable on the Office Assistant 1 (Stores/Mail) Civil Service eligible list will be canvassed and should not respond to this posting. This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities.
NOTE: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer to Office Assistant 1 (Stores/Mail) is available in the Division of Human Resources Management or through Civil Service GOT-IT available at www.cs.ny.gov.
GENERAL PUBLIC CANDIDATES:
Applicants who are 55 b/c eligible may apply to this posting. If interested in this position and applying using your 55b/c status, please provide a copy of your current 55b/c eligibility letter. If this is not provided with your resume, you will not be considered for this position.
Duties Description • Receive, store, distribute and/or ship USDA foods, commodities, and other items upon request;
• Locate and pick products by code, name, pack date and/or best buy date, and move appropriate amounts to an assembly or staging area;
• Palletize orders into compact shipments for customer pickup;
• Load and unload trailers as directed;
• Verify item counts against bill of lading or order form;
• Maintain accurate warehouse inventory records;
• Assist in conducting inventories of USDA foods at the direction of supervisor;
• Operate of a variety of manual and self-propelled material handling equipment;
• Maintain records and perform routine preventative maintenance checks and services;
• Assist in keeping warehouse and outside areas clean and safe at all times;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Possession and maintenance of a valid Driver’s License issued by the NYS Department of Motor Vehicle is required. Operation of a motor vehicle will be required.
• Ability to bend, lift, climb and to stand and walk for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
• Ability to operate a variety of materials handling equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks.
• Successful completion of OSHA forklift training and certification within 90 days of appointment.
• Flexibility to work in environments of fluctuating temperatures including limited periods outside, year-round.
• Within 60 days of appointment, obtain (and maintain) certification in CPR and comply with established safety procedures.
• May be required to respond to warehouse emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Note: Once appointed to/selected for the position, random drug testing will be required for this agency sensitive position.
Additional Comments If interested in this position and applying using your 55b/c status, please provide a copy of your current 55b/c eligibility letter. If this is not provided with your resume, you will not be considered for this position.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.