Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications To be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
Duties Description Reporting to Region 2, Utica, NY to be assigned to a coverage area which includes parts of
Regions 2 & 9 with a majority of work in Binghamton and the Southern tier areas.
Duties include, but not limited to:
• Supervision of Motor Vehicle Inspectors in regional semi-annual bus inspection program. Ensure that all assigned vehicles subject to Department inspection are inspected in a timely, uniform and consistent manner in compliance with program policies and directives.
• Manage the staff to ensure program standards are met and maintained; goals and objectives are accomplished; and workload is properly distributed. When necessary preform inspections.
• Supervise and conduct investigation of bus accidents. Prepare report of findings. Assist in developing recommendations to correct hazards and prevent future accidents.
• Monitor compliance with state and federal rules, regulations and standards by conducting and supervising inspections, audits and other investigations; implement corrective actions to assure operator compliance with audit findings, safety recommendations and program requirements.
• Supervise staff by making assignments, evaluating performance, reviewing and approving work. Visit inspection facilities; provide technical guidance and direction to both the field staff and operators as needed. Conduct periodic staff meetings, training sessions and industry outreach as required.
• Provide program managers with all required and requested reports, information and assignments in a timely and accurate manner.
Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the Department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Additional Comments Qualified candidates should sent a letter of interest and a current resume no later than
July 25, 2018 to:
Administration - Room 1301
NYS Department of Transportation
207 Genesee Street
Utica, NY 13501
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
207 Genesee Street