Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Main Office, Administrative Services Division
Minimum Qualifications To be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
Candidates must be able to write clearly, communicate well with staff at all levels of the Department and be proficient in the use of a variety of software, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio, Project, and Power Point. Candidates should have a good overall understanding of the Department’s programs and procedures
Duties Description The incumbent of this position will function as Executive Assistant and advisor to the Assistant Commissioner for Administrative Services Division; providing guidance on executive matters and programmatic issues, and coordinating activities for the Division among the ASD Bureaus and the other Department Divisions. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Provide advice regarding highly complex management issues within the Department and the Administrative Services Division.
• Assign, coordinate, track and compile Division and/or Department responses to projects assigned by Commissioner’s and/or Governor’s Office.
• Conduct special projects and assignments as needed to support changing priorities and Department policies to improve the programs and mission of the Division.
• Work with program areas to manage, prioritize, assign assets to, oversee and advance projects.
• Research and report on issues for the Assistant Commissioner for Administrative Services Division.
• Prepare reports and briefings for executive management.
• Attend meetings and events as directed by the Assistant Commissioner for Administrative Services Division.
• Liaison with ITS for the Administrative Services Division.
Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Additional Comments Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.