Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Eligible for a lateral transfer or eligible for a 70.1 transfer by having one year of permanent competitive service in an appropriate title;
NOTE: Candidates who are currently on the eligible list for Program Aide in Albany need not submit an application for this posting unless they are applying directly as a result of the transfer qualifications listed above.
Duties Description This position is located in the Operations Bureau within Employment and Income Support Programs (EISP). Job duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Respond to and/or disseminate incoming calls which have been escalated from the Governor's Consolidated Hotline in need of more in-depth investigation or immediate response.
• Assist with Personnel-related data entry and paperwork.
• Enter all requests for training on training system and assist where necessary in other training areas.
• Assist with the ordering/receiving of supplies, equipment, software etc., using OTDA's PRISM system.
• Assist with the ordering of phone moves, upgrades, cellphones, as well as triage any problems.
• Support the supervisor with maintaining assets, inventory, identification cards and security rights for staff.
• Perform routine day to day tasks such as copying, mailing, distribution of material and completing routine forms.
• Create correspondence, reports, forms and charts to assist other bureaus.
• Respond to and/or disseminate letters sent to EISP from the Public Information Office concerning EISP’s various programs, my Benefits and myWorkspace.
• Provide telephone, mail and other support as necessary to the Bureau Chief and provide backup telephone support for the Assistant Deputy Commissioner’s office.
• Order all business cards for EISP staff.
Additional Comments You must be a current NYS employee to apply for this position. A full-time, permanent or contingent permanent appointment will be made. If certified by Civil Service, mandatory reemployment list candidates must be considered first for appointment to this title.
***Candidates should reference posting #18-136 when submitting your application.*** If submitting electronically, please reference posting #18-136 as part of your subject line.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please send a cover letter and resume. Include a current, Civil Service title and grade level and clearly state how you meet the minimum qualifications.
You may be required to provide acceptable proof of education, experience, credential and/or license to demonstrate that you meet the minimum qualifications for appointment to this position.
Applicants will be required to prove their eligibility for employment based upon acceptance of a position in accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
If you are a retiree currently receiving benefits, indicate this and the name of the retirement system in your response.
In accordance with state law, Governor’s Executive Order No. 6 and Section 504 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, the NYS Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance does not discriminate against disabled individuals. If you are disabled and require reasonable accommodation at the time of the interview, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity Development in Albany at (518) 473-8555 or in New York City at (212) 961-8216.