Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Eligible for a lateral transfer or eligible for a 70.1 transfer by having one year of permanent competitive service in an appropriate title;
NOTE: Candidates who are currently on the eligible list for Program Aide in Albany need not submit an application for this posting unless they are applying directly as a result of the transfer qualifications listed above.
Duties Description This position is located with the Audit and Quality Improvement Unit of the State Supplement Program (SSP), within Employment and Income Support Programs (EISP). Duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
SSP Systems Liaison
• Proposing and presenting technical write-ups on new system features and procedures.
• Organizing and preparing work flow documents for various system tasks like Recovery of Equivalent Benefit (REB), Under Payments, Recurring Manual Payments.
• Preparing written reports such as testing results, data fixes, budget reports and sprint release reports.
• Drafting forms and system proposal mock-ups.
• Identifying data fixes and bugs within supervisor and management emails and communicating issues to ITS department.
• Reviewing of Cognos reports and other spreadsheets to determine the impact of particular data fixes, bugs and changes, and make manual adjustments to records as required.
• Analyze data in Pseudo environments before changes are created in Production.
• Data Correction Fixes.
• Quality Control.
• Reviewing recipient records for procedural, technical and or policy issues.
• Reviewing, analyzing, and processing records with use of State Data Exchange (SDX), State Online Query System (SOLQ), Welfare Management System (WMS).
• Creating forms and system proposal mock-ups.
Additional Comments You must be a current NYS employee to apply for this position. A full-time, permanent or contingent permanent appointment will be made. If certified by Civil Service, mandatory reemployment list candidates must be considered first for appointment to this title.
***Candidates should reference posting #18-137 when submitting your application.*** If submitting electronically, please reference posting #18-137 as part of your subject line.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please send a cover letter and resume. Include a current, Civil Service title and grade level and clearly state how you meet the minimum qualifications.
You may be required to provide acceptable proof of education, experience, credential and/or license to demonstrate that you meet the minimum qualifications for appointment to this position.
Applicants will be required to prove their eligibility for employment based upon acceptance of a position in accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
If you are a retiree currently receiving benefits, indicate this and the name of the retirement system in your response.
In accordance with state law, Governor’s Executive Order No. 6 and Section 504 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, the NYS Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance does not discriminate against disabled individuals. If you are disabled and require reasonable accommodation at the time of the interview, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity Development in Albany at (518) 473-8555 or in New York City at (212) 961-8216.