Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor's degree plus fifteen to twenty years experience in the supervision and/or management of major public/private construction projects and six years experience supervising and evaluating professional staff or any combination of twenty years experience as a DASNY Project Manager, Senior Project Manager, Field Representative or Senior Field Representative and eight years experience supervising and evaluating professional staff.
Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or related field plus twenty years experience in the supervision and/or management of major public/private construction projects (Master's Degree in Business Administration, Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or related field preferred). NYS Licensed Architect or Engineer. Ten years experience supervising and evaluating professional staff. Program management experience for higher education or healthcare industries. Experience in financial management systems, project management systems, and scheduling applications (Primavera Contract Manager and P6 preferred).
• Demonstrated judgment and exercise of discretion including in confidential matters.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy.
• Demonstrated management skills.
• Demonstrated analytical and conceptual skills.
• Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend plans, specifications, addenda, bid materials, schedules, contracts and related documents.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
• Demonstrated record of taking initiative.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and/or participate in team endeavors.
• Proficiency in PC applications, such as Microsoft Office, financial management and project management systems.
Duties Description Primary Purpose
The Chief Project Manager assists the Director, Construction in overseeing and administering all aspects of the Authority's construction project management and personnel and assists in the development and implementation of the policies and procedures governing project management programs.
• Plan, organize and direct the project management functions for assigned construction projects within the program.
• Develop project budgets, review budgets for active construction projects and monitor adherence to project budgets.
• Review project schedules and interact with project managers, construction managers and contractors to facilitate adherence to schedules.
• Set goals for assigned construction projects and periodically review them with the Program Director.
• Serve as liaison with clients, assist clients with all project related decisions and oversee the development of specific service proposals for those clients.
• Coordinate project management functions with other Authority units and NYS Agencies.
• Assist with coordination and transition between Project Management and PDQA staff.
• Develop and recommend efficient staffing levels consistent with workload, and assign project managers and field personnel accordingly.
• Comply with, and ensure all subordinate staff comply with, Construction Division, Authority and NYS policies and procedures.
• Work with Construction Division staff, the Finance Office and the Office of Counsel to monitor payments to contractors and develop efficient practices for timely payment in conformance with contractual and statutory requirements.
• Recommend technical training programs for Construction Division staff.
• Work with Procurement units and Office of Counsel to resolve construction related disputes, claims and litigation.
• Assist other units within the Authority to promote conformance with Project objectives and the objectives of the Authority.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• May manage large and highly complex projects.
• May participate in the marketing of services to prospective clients.
• Supervise, train and evaluate employees.
• Ensure supervisors meet their obligations in the supervision, training and evaluation of their staff.
• Handle disciplinary matters and assist in handling stage 1 grievances and disciplinary measures in accordance with applicable collective bargaining agreements.
• Participate in collective bargaining and other employee relation matters affecting the project management programs.
• Develop, document and implement policies and procedures.
• Assess, develop and implement internal controls, and oversee the review and testing of same.
• Undertake special assignments as directed.
• Must maintain regular attendance in accordance with DASNY attendance and leave policies.
• Must adhere to the NYS Information Security Policy Standards established and issued by the Office of Cyber Security and Critical Infrastructure Coordination. (Standards can be found on the Intranet).
Additional Comments Supervision
Supervision of employees is required.
Frequent travel is required, using public transportation, DASNY vehicle, rental vehicle or personal vehicle. This travel may include overnight stays at public accommodations and related establishments. Requires ability to see and exposure to weather and temperature extremes, loud noises, heights (climbing ladders, scaffolding, etc.) and work safety hazards (chemicals, fumes, etc.). Requires complex and time-pressured decision-making. Must be available to occasionally work a modified work schedule or extended workday hours.
Official station is a standard office environment, including the use of one or more of the following: PC, telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, scanner, shredder, Global Positioning systems field location devices. Frequent construction site visits may be required.
**Please note: Compensation is commensurate with experience.
DASNY is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to excellence and diversity.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.