Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Positions in this title series provide professional psychological services to individuals residing and receiving services in New York State-operated, certified, or licensed programs and facilities under the supervision of a licensed psychologist or other appropriate licensed clinician.
Travel is required, potentially across eight counties to include Oneida, Herkimer, Lewis, Madison, Onondaga, Cayuga, Cortland and Oswego. Mileage is compensated per Office of State Comptroller rules and regulations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participate as a member of the Psychology Department. This includes accepting supervision from the Principal and/or Chief Psychologist, attending department meetings, and mentoring non-licensed clinicians in psychology titles.
• Maintain professional standards related to NYS regulations, CNYDDSOO policies, and CNYDDSOO protocols
• Participate as a member of an interdisciplinary treatment team
• Supervise non-licensed clinicians in psychology titles
• Provide psychological assessments including but not limited to intelligence and adaptive behavior
• Provide assessments of the capacity to provide Informed Consent for Behavior Support Plans, Psychotropic Medications, Medical Immobilization and Protective Stabilization - Sedation plans, and Sexual Contact
• Provide assessments of capacity for Medical Orders for Life Sustaining Treatment, Surrogate Decision Making Committee, and Guardianship
• Provide Functional Behavioral and Risk Assessments
• Develop, train, and monitor Behavior Support Plans and Risk Management Plans
• Develop, train, and monitor Medication Monitoring Plans
• Review and approve Medication Monitoring Plans
• Review and analyze data, develop progress notes
• Serve as a chairperson and/or as a member for various agency committees
• Provide team consultation across eight counties
• Provide temporary team coverage in the event of a vacancy/leave of absence
• Serve as Administrator of the Day on a rotational basis
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor
• Be able to uphold and support NYS regulations which relate to OPWDD and CNYDDSOO policies and protocols
• Assist in supporting psychology services across eight counties including but not limited to department training, team consultation, and agency consultation
• Directly supervise master's level clinicians in the psychology series across eight counties by providing clinical oversight and administrative functions
• Assist in the development of policies and protocols which provide direction to the psychology department
• Assist with recruitment and retention of department personnel
• Ability to function as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team relating to professional, para-professional and direct care staff.
• Ability to communicate in a thorough, concise, accurate and professional manner both verbally and in writing.
• Possess an acceptable time and attendance record as specified in the time and attendance policy.
• Possess an acceptable work record (E-File)
Additional Comments Questions regarding this position can be directed to Dr. Lisa Lucas-Myers at 315-793-2800 ext 633.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit PRF-1 form, and/or cover letter and resume by 07/25/2018, to:
Central New York DDSO
Attn: Human Resources
187 Northern Concourse
North Syracuse, NY 13212
Fax: 315 473 6658
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
Please reference the above EOA # in all correspondence.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness: If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information regarding PSLF please visit StudentAid.gov/publicservice.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.