Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
44 Holland Avenue
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service List for this title or be a NYS employee eligible to transfer via 70.1 or 52.6 of the Civil Service Law with one year of permanent service in a qualifying title.
• Familiarity with OPWDD regulations, Administrative Memorandums (ADM’s), HCBS waiver service programs, service documentation, internal control processes;
• Analytical and administrative skills/experience including reviewing and writing of policies and procedures;
• Presentation and training experience helpful;
• Microsoft Office Suite skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Access;
• Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
Duties Description As a condition of Medicaid participation, certain laws require OPWDD as a provider of service (state operations) to adopt and implement an effective compliance program to identify areas of Medicaid fraud, waste, and abuse to assist with the integrity of the Medicaid program. This position will perform professional, administrative, and analytical duties to plan, develop, implement and maintain components of OPWDD’s Medicaid Compliance Program.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with self-disclosure reporting submittals within the agency, and to the NYS OMIG.
• Provide assistance and outreach support to the Medicaid Compliance Liaison field staff.
• Lead Medicaid Compliance Liaison groups to develop policies, procedures and training materials that promote compliance and efficiencies for state operations across the organization.
• Review new or updated guidance from oversight agencies on areas relating to compliance program operation.
• Facilitate, conduct, and/or participate in various district and statewide compliance meetings.
• Assist with, or conduct, day-to-day and annually required activities to support OPWDD’s State Operations Medicaid Compliance Program and the annual certification of compliance for OPWDD as a provider of services.
• Assist in coordinating activities and review for the Agency’s annually required Deficit Reduction Act (DRA) certification.
• Provide unit representation on relevant intra-agency workgroups as requested.
• Assist with or conduct special projects, as assigned.
Additional Comments Please note:
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingNOTE: Appointment to this position is pending Division of Budget Approval.
Submit cover letter and resume by July 26, 2018. Please reference the above EOA #2018-99 in all correspondence.