Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Appointment Method:
Candidates must meet the minimum qualifications listed below in order to be eligible for appointment.
Non-Competitive: Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree* and five years of information technology experience, including three years of information security or information assurance experience.
Substitutions: *Appropriate information security or information assurance experience may substitute for the bachelor’s degree on a year-for-year basis; an associate’s degree requires an additional two years of information technology, information security, or information assurance experience. Experience solely in information security or information assurance may substitute for the general information technology experience.
Duties Description The Department of Financial Services (“DFS”) is seeking candidates to fill the position of Information Security Officer. The incumbent of this position will be responsible for ensuring that information security policies and procedures are established and implemented to protect the information assets of DFS. Duties of this position will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Develop, implement and disseminate up-to-date department-wide information security policies and procedures to address issues presented by rapidly changing technology;
• Lead a risk-based process for vendor risk management, including the assessment and treatment for risks that may result from partners, consultants and other service providers;
• Manage and maintain a security and risk management awareness training program for DFS staff, contractors, and approved system users;
• Investigate any information security breaches, recommend required actions and report breach information to DFS executive management;
• Function as an internal consulting resource on information security issues;
• Participate on teams charged with designing new applications or making major modifications to existing systems to ensure auditability and security are considerations from the inception;
• Understand and interact with related disciplines through committees to ensure the consistent application of policies and standards across all technology projects, systems and services;
• Ensure that security programs are in compliance with relevant laws, regulations and policies; and
• Review and approve all external network connections to the DFS network.
• At least three years’ experience as an ISO.
• Experience in current security tools and hardware/software security implementation.
• Demonstrated experience with Enterprise Network devices.
• Must have excellent communication and writing skills.
• Minimum of five years of cybersecurity experience.
• Cybersecurity professional certification is a plus.
Additional Comments Starting Salary: $87,818. **Salary is non-negotiable
Positions located within the New York City metropolitan area, as well as Suffolk, Nassau, Rockland, and Westchester Counties, are also eligible to receive an additional $3,026 annual downstate adjustment
Occasional travel to Albany, NY office will be required.
Appointment to this position is pending Division of Budget approval to fill.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo Apply: Interested qualified candidates must submit a resume and letter of interest no later than July 27, 2018 to the email address listed below. Please include Box IT-ISO-04113 in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. Email submissions are preferred.
New York State Department of Financial Services
Office of Human Resources Management
99 Washington Avenue, Suite 301
Albany, New York 12257
Fax: (518) 402-5071
All candidates that apply may not be scheduled for an interview
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT: REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Department of Financial Services is required to provide reasonable accommodation for known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability if an accommodation would enable the applicant to perform the essential functions of the job and the accommodation would not constitute an undue hardship on the operations of the agency.