Minimum Qualifications One year of permanent competitive services as an Information Technology Specialist 3 OR in a position at G-21 or higher deemed administrative under Section 52.6 of Civil Service Law OR in a title eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in advancement of more than two salary grades. Candidates reachable on the eligible list for this title will be canvassed and do not need to apply.
Duties Description The Office of the Attorney General (OAG) Legal Technology Bureau is seeking applicants for an Information Technology Specialist 3 (SG23). The OAG is initiating several enterprise level technology projects that require the services of an experienced project manager. Reporting to the Manager of Information Technology Services 1, this position will provide effective management of large IT projects. The incumbent will be responsible for working with the various IT teams and the business users to obtain project scope, timelines, ensure resource alignment and oversee all phases of project deliverables.
The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating activities between the IT Bureau, business users and vendors and delivering several key project artifacts. Duties will include executing project tasks, monitoring project activities and ensuring delivery of timely and within budget. The incumbent must be an effective communicator and be able to interact with mid and senior level staff. Summarized responsibilities include: General Project Management, Change Management, Status Reporting, and Financial Accountability.
• Coordinate activities between the IT Bureau, business users and vendors and delivering several key project artifacts.
• Monitor all project activities and ensure delivery of timely and within budget quality products.
• Responsibility for successful delivery of products.
• Communicate and interact with mid and senior level staff.
• Follow Project Management guidelines as determined by the agency.
• Participate in Change Management planning and meetings.
• Define purpose, scope and objects for projects.
• Gather, document and monitor project requirements.
• Monitor progress of project and include in status reporting.
• Prepare budget for projects.
• Conduct meetings.
• Establish professional relationships.
Additional Comments Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The Office is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workplace diversity.
PLEASE NOTE: Unless otherwise specified in the “Notes on Applying” section, the “Application Due” date associated with this posting is not the last day applications can be submitted. Applications for this position will be accepted by the hiring bureau on a rolling basis until a candidate is selected; recruitment for this position can be closed or suspended at any time.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPreferred method of applying is via e-mail to HR.firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include vacancy ID #55356 in the subject line. Please be sure your submitted cover letter and resume indicate your current Civil Service title.