Minimum Qualifications A Bachelor’s degree and three years of professional experience investing or monitoring Private Equity or Real Estate Fund investments, or in commercial real estate lending performing at least one of the following: originations, securitizations, acquisitions, leasing, or asset management of institutional/commercial real estate assets or sourcing of commercial loans.
Substitutions: A Master’s degree in Business Administration or a closely related field may substitute for one year of experience; successful completion of all three levels of the CFA exam may substitute for one year of experience; holding a Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) designation, a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation, a Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) or a Member of the Appraisal Institute (MAI) may substitute for one year of experience.
A maximum of one year of experience substitution is permitted.
Duties Description Pursuant to the direction of higher level staff/management, the incumbent will independently and collaboratively perform the following duties:
- Review and analyze direct equity investment opportunities and make recommendations
- Review and analyze commingled fund investment opportunities and make recommendations
- Perform property and market site inspections related to investment opportunities
- Maintain the deal pipeline and manage the transfer of closed investments from acquisitions to asset management
- Prepare and submit written investment recommendations to Real Estate Management, IIC, REAC and the Board
- Make presentations on investment opportunities/pipeline to IIC, REAC and the Board
- Attend advisory board meetings as needed
- Attend conferences, conventions and meetings as necessary to stay abreast of industry trends and establish/maintain business relationships
- Perform other duties as requested, including, but not limited to, asset management and loan origination/servicing functions
- Travel required
Additional Comments Preferred Skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to work in a team environment, providing and accepting input/feedback on transactions
- Previous real estate experience and knowledge
- Previous financial analysis experience
- Computer literacy including familiarity with Microsoft products
-Commitment to provide exceptional customer service.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or in a closely related field
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingThe link to the employment application is:
Please note that resumes will not be accepted as a substitute, in whole or part, for a completed application.