Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Graduate Interns: Preferred candidates have completed one year of study in at least one of the following areas: public administration, economics, business administration, public policy or public affairs.
Undergraduate Interns: Preferred candidates have completed course work study in at least one of the following areas: public administration, economics, business administration, public policy or public affairs.
All applicants should possess knowledge in public finance, public policy, data analytics, and/or informatics.
Experience in using SharePoint is desired. Outstanding organization and communication skills are highly preferred.
Duties Description The Budget Planning, Operations and Management Unit is looking for a Student Assistant to join the Strategic Initiatives & Performance Management team and assist in the development and implementation of New York State’s priority policy efforts.
Responsibilities of the Policy Implementation Assistant would include, but are not limited to:
• Assist in the development of project plans, project tracking mechanisms and reports, including but not limited to the creation of Gantt charts, dashboards, project databases, and other relevant matrices;
• Develop and maintain SharePoint sites;
• Schedule and coordinate kick-off and check-in meetings, including developing agenda items and producing meeting notes;
• Ad-hoc policy and data analysis and research to support projects as needed;
• Review and edit documents and presentations as needed; and
• Potential site visits.
Additional Comments To be considered for a Student Internship with the Budget Division, please complete the Online Employment Application at https://www.budget.ny.gov/resume/ and select "Student Intern"
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for a Student Internship with the Budget Division, please complete the Online Employment Application at https://www.budget.ny.gov/resume/ and select "Student Intern".