Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must be reachable on the Information Technology Specialist 1, G-14, Civil Service eligible list OR must be eligible to transfer under Section 70.1, 70.4 or 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
To be eligible to transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law, an individual must have one year of permanent competitive service as an Information Processing Trainer or Information Technology Assistant.
To be eligible to transfer under Section 70.4 of the Civil Service Law, an individual must have a current standing on the Civil Service Information Technology Specialist 1 eligible list database and have at least one year of permanent competitive service in a title that is allocated to a salary grade 12 or above.
Duties Description • Order new and replacement wireless devices as they are requested via OSC’s ticket management system.
• Manage wireless devices using the Verizon Enterprise website. This includes activation, suspension, deactivation, and assignment changes of all devices.
• Coordinate with help desk staff and remote site support staff to configure and deploy wireless devices and determine if existing devices need to be replaced.
• Ship wireless devices to satellite offices when required.
• Coordinate with IT Coordinators to recover wireless devices when a user has separated or changed positions.
• Run data validation reports to ensure all user information is correct and up to date including the determination of the correct Division, Bureau, and cost center, as well as the appropriate data plan.
• Move PC equipment for users as requested in via OSC’s ticket management system.
• Coordinate with users to determine proper time to complete PC moves.
• Receive or pick up computer equipment from employee separations, transfers, PC rollout returns, and customer requests.
• Update and close tickets related to employee separation.
• Update required spreadsheets and the Asset Management database when items are received.
• Wipe or remove computer hard drives to eliminate sensitive data.
• Palletize and wrap computer equipment in preparation for shipping.
• Work with Management Services to facilitate the transfer of equipment for surplus or recycling.
• Update database and inventory control records as needed to maintain inventory accuracy.
• Prepare various reports related to computer inventory, material received and distributed, quantity and quality of materials ordered, etc.
• Perform frequent data validation to ensure database records align with equipment that is in storerooms
• Load, unload and physically handle all computer related equipment and supplies. This may require the operations of a pallet jack and warehouse equipment.
• Perform both ad hoc and scheduled physical inventories to be used to validate Asset Management database records.
• Work with customers and IT staff through various forms of verbal and written communication to answer questions, obtain information, schedule work, and resolve complaints.
• Ensure Asset Management work spaces are kept clean and organized while considering staff safety.
Additional Comments Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Computer-related Associate’s degree
• Demonstrated experience with MS Access (three months to less than a year)
• Demonstrated experience with MS SQL (three months to less than a year)
• Demonstrated experience with MS Outlook (three months to less than a year)
• Experience with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
• Required to lift IT asset up to 40 pounds
• Excellent organizational skills
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Notes on ApplyingNotes on Applying: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 16, 2018. Please reference Item #00527 MPM- GOER when responding.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The VACANCY ID # should not be included.