Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree, successful completion of at least four (4) courses from the Society of Actuaries and four years of actuarial experience.
Membership in the American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA) or an Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA). Disability actuarial experience preferred.
Duties Description Illustrative Duties:
The Principal Actuary Casualty will report to the Chief Actuary or other high-level actuarial staff and will be responsible for performing the following duties which include but will not be limited to:
• Provide statutory disability coverage and Paid Family Leave coverage to support the Disability Benefits Fund.
• Analyze trends and drivers.
• Calculate appropriate loss reserves.
• Develop monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
• Review rates and rate structure.
• Review Return of Premium program and Premium Adjustment program.
• Analyze proposed new products and contracts.
• Develop analytics and models to support executive level decision making.
• Advise and assist business partners in the use of actuarial and mathematical techniques to analyze the business.
• Possible advisory and/or management responsibilities in support of the Aggregate Trust Fund depending on experience and qualification.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease include the position title and vacancy id number on your cover letter. Candidates should email resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the following address:
The New York State Insurance Fund
Attn: Human Resources
15 Computer Drive West
Albany, NY 12205