Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
187 Northern Concourse
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Reachable on the current Civil Service List for Licensed Master Social Worker 2
Permanent service as a Licensed Master Social Worker 2
Eligible to 70.1 transfer to a Licensed Master Social Worker 2 title
Provisional Appt: Candidates must be licensed and currently registered by New York State as a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) AND have one year of post-licensure professional social work experience.
• Ability to perform duties as outlined above.
• Possess an acceptable attendance record.
• Possess an understanding of intellectual disabilities and needs of the individuals we serve.
• Possess understanding of person centered planning as well as experience and active participation in an interdisciplinary treatment team.
• Ability to travel to and from various sites in a reasonable amount of time.
• Ability to work effectively with interdisciplinary teams.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
To plan, monitor, and report all individuals’ movement within the eight counties of CNY DSO. This includes attending Regional/State Ops Placement Focus Group meetings and maintaining priorities for CNY internal movements and new admissions to CNY DSO. Travel throughout the districts is expected. Mileage is compensated per Office of State Comptroller rules and regulations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Monitors, tracks, and reports all individual movement within the eight counties of the Central New York DSO. This includes maintaining priorities for CNY DSO administration and keeping administration updated regarding residential placement needs.
2. Attend weekly Placement Focus Group Meeting with Regional Office staff and State Operations staff to identify and manage all residential vacancies.
3. Work with State Operation teams and Regional Office staff to ensure placement procedures are followed.
4. Work with Regional and State Operations staff to find appropriate placement options for aging-out individuals, out-of-district persons, the forensic population, and all other high needs individuals.
5. Work closely with the Broome District to help foster appropriate placements of individuals to a less restrictive residential setting.
6. Help State Operated Teams move individuals from current State Operated IRAs to less restrictive settings.
7. Meet with State Operations and Regional Office staff to routinely fine tune the screening and placement process.
8. Work with Regional Office staff to review all referral packets to help identify appropriate placement options.
9. Work with State Operations to repurpose current IRAs to help keep all individuals safe and maximize independence.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
101 West Liberty Street
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a cover letter and resume by 08/21/2018 and include EOA # 18-159 on all correspondence to: Central NY DDSO, Human Resources, 101 W. Liberty Street, Rome, NY 13440 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness: If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information regarding PSLF please visit StudentAid.gov/publicservice.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.