Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must be reachable on the Computer Operator eligible list or eligible to transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Candidates must have one year of permanent, competitive service in a qualifying title allocated to salary grade 08 or higher.
Duties Description • Monitor all system consoles and hardware diagnostic displays for mainframe and open systems to ensure that systems are operating efficiently and customer on-line transactions, batch programs and data transfers are properly executing.
• Monitor all system consoles and critical displays for alerts and follows documented procedures.
• Initiate, schedule and ensure that any subsequent actions are performed.
• Work in cooperation with tape and print processing to ensure that customer workflow is completed.
• Follow documented procedures for proper action when batch programs error.
• Issue initial notification and log problems to programming, help desk, or other technical staff.
• Act as Liaison with production control
• Operate print devices that produce the output from various data processing program runs.
• Operate post print processing equipment.
• Maintain agency schedules, specific form and production quality.
• Adhere to security procedures and requirements in regard to storage, transportation, utilization, disposition, and accountability of secure stock.
• Align and configure printers and post print equipment based on instructions, procedures and other pre-defined standards.
• Remove completed jobs from system and conducts quality control checks.
• Record, label, batch, and distribute output and ensures delivery.
• Inspect completed post print processing for accuracy and adherence to standards.
• Perform regular cleaning and basic maintenance of print and post print equipment.
• Operate pallet moving equipment and physically lift up to 50lbs.
• Monitor tape console for messages and monitors robotic system console.
• Mount tapes.
• Clean tapes.
• Prepare and assign physical and virtual tapes for various data processing operations.
• File, prepare and monitor tapes for transport to offsite storage in accordance with agency procedures.
• Document, degauss (erase) and arrange for destruction of identified media in accordance with agency procedures.
Additional Comments Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated reliability and dependability under varying shifts and conditions.
• Demonstrated possession of excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy, both orally and in written format with peers, management, vendors, technical staff, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, willing to take direction, as well as work independently.
• Demonstrated possession of excellent organizational skills; Ability to manage multiple tasks.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain production requirements while ensuring quality control standards are continually maintained.
• Demonstrated knowledge using Excel, Lotus Notes, and Microsoft Word software.
Note: Work schedule days are Saturday, Sunday, Monday
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street
Notes on ApplyingNotes on Applying: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 18, 2018 Please reference Item # 8212– GOER-MPM when responding.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The VACANCY ID # should not be included.