Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Operations & Asset Management Division
Minimum Qualifications To be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
Duties Description The incumbent will work under the direction of a higher-level professional in the Safety Program Management & Coordination Bureau; Safety Program Delivery Section. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Assist with coordination and oversight of activities required to support the NYS Lean Initiative within DOT including system user training.
• Assist in developing, implementing and maintaining systems.
• Assist in creating and maintaining procedures and manuals.
• Monitor program data and analyze program performance.
• Create and maintain reports on performance metrics.
• Analyze permit activities and recommend changes as needed.
• Assist with highway work permits.
Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the Department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Additional Comments Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Operations & Asset Management Division, Office of Traffic Safety & Mobility