Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
44 Holland Avenue
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be employed by New York State to be eligible to apply for this position.
Candidates must be permanent in the Mental Health Program Specialist 1 title and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be eligible to transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Candidates with experience in behavioral health or public policy with expertise in health care transformation, New York State public health insurance programs, and/or behavorial health/health care policy are encouraged to apply.
Duties Description The Division of Adult Services and Managed Care, Division of Managed Care is recruiting to fill one Mental Health Program Specialist 1/Mental Health Program Specialist Trainee. The Division of Managed Care is responsible for large scale system transformation as New York State migrates from a fee-for-service system to a person-centered service system focused on recovery. The incumbent of this position will be responsible for developing, implementing, & evaluating initiatives designed to transform New York State’s behavioral health service delivery system. Special emphasis will be placed on policy and program design related to the Medicaid Redesign Team (MRT) initiatives including integration of children’s behavioral health services in Medicaid Managed Care. Some travel within New York State is required.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Support the Managed Care Organization Oversight Manager in a broad range of program development, implementation and evaluation activities related to the inclusion of behavioral health supports in the State’s health care transformation initiatives.
2. Evaluate Managed Care Organization compliance with behavioral health standards.
3. Participate in Children’s Behavioral Health Readiness Review activities in advance of transitioning the children’s mental health services system to Managed Care.
4. Participate in inter-agency, multi-stakeholder project workgroups and committees, stakeholder orientation, training and technical assistance, the development of communication strategies and informational materials, and making presentations.
5. Collaborate with staff from other divisions and agencies, as appropriate.
6. Accept new responsibilities in response to the Office’s evolving needs.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position and Vacancy ID #57902 in the subject line of your email when applying.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.