Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications You must hold or have held the title of Office Assistant 2 or be reachable on the full-time NYS Civil Service list and respond to canvass letter that will be sent to people on the eligible list. You may also qualify if you hold one of the other Office Assistant 2 titles or Library Clerk 2. (Please contact Human Resources for more information.)
Duties Description Summary: This position supports daily office functions for the Parking Operations office.
1. Traffic Clerk – organizes and posts information in regards to parking permits and parking fines. Updates and trouble shoots problems within parking system (AIMS). Maintains daily program and Banner. Assist SUNY Faculty, Staff and Community members with parking as well as general campus information and obtaining proper parking permits.
2. Interfaces with college offices in regards to conferences and parking. Maintains calendar in regards to on campus events that require special parking.
3. Types memos and distributes mail as back up. Prepares letters in response to parking appeals and citation letters. Prepares a variety of reports as requested by supervisors.
4. Works with outside vendors to purchase supplies and new parking equipment.
5. Uses the SUNY Web Accounting System to assist the Director of Parking Operations with budgeting for the Fiscal Year using the 3 parking accounts.
6. Sets up daily tickets and reconciles money at the end of the day.
7. Bills outside agencies for Parking Permits and Student Life Center permits.
8. Works with student accounts in regards to collection agency.
9. Prepare letters for appeals as well as citation letters. Utilize the DMV system to research vehicle ownership and to assist with collection of ticket fines.
10. Assist with general office requirements.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.