Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications • Must be a US citizen or foreign national eligible to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be currently attending a New York State college, university or graduate program, or be a resident of New York State attending a college, university or graduate program outside of New York State
• Must have completed a minimum of one (1) year as a student at a degree-granting two or four-year college or university (completion of one year’s worth of academic credits over a more extended period of time may qualify part-time students)
• Or currently enrolled graduate student or accepted in a graduate degree program
• Must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or equivalent to a C.
• Junior or Sophomore level college Student
• Major in Information Technology
Information Technology-Network and Programming knowledge and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
Duties Description The intern will require a minimum of (20 hours/week) to a full time schedule (37.5/hours per week) in order to support the data analysis and reporting function of Service Delivery Analytics.
The intern will be performing the following duties in support of Service Delivery Analytics and the MeasureIT platform but not limited to:
1. Writing simple to moderate queries in Transact SQL to perform data analysis for performance management requests.
2. Developing Static and Dynamic Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services and publish to SharePoint library for consumption.
3. Creating Pivot Tables and Pivot charts to summarize data extracts from a SQL Server Environment.
4. Creating monthly Report Analysis on Chief Portfolio Office and Chief Operations Office monthly reports.
5. Developing Self-Service Excel Dashboards using PowerPivot data models and Power View dashboards.
6. Creating technical documentation, procedures, and develop data dictionaries for MeasureIT.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a resume, cover letter, and transcript to the attention of RoxanSchuyler Younkin at HR.Recruitment@its.ny.gov, no later than August 20, 2018, and indicate that you are applying for Student Assistant- Service Delivery Analytics Intern, ref.# 90006M. Please specify in your cover letter how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications, including any relevant course work. Proof of your student status (i.e. course schedule, transcript, or other documentation) and GPA will be required prior to appointment.