Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Appointment Method
Candidates must meet the minimum qualifications listed below in order to be eligible for appointment.
List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for Information Technology Specialist 3 (#37-675, #25-353, #26-376).
Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in a title eligible for transfer via Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. Information regarding transfer eligibility may be available on the Civil Service Career Mobility Office website at http://careermobilityoffice.cs.ny.gov/cmo/.
Please Note that under Civil Service Law, an employee cannot have two consecutive upward 70.1 or 52.6 transfers without an intervening eligible list appointment if such transfers would exceed two salary grades.
Duties Description The Department of Financial Services (“DFS”) is seeking candidates to fill the position of Information Technology Specialist 3, SG-23. The incumbent of this position will serve as the Desktop Engineer and will be responsible for designing, architecting and supporting the end users computing platform. Using expert level experience and leveraging best practices, this position will assist in developing and supporting the Desktop platform to enable the delivery of high quality Desktop experience to end users. Duties of this position will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Design and document endpoint hardware solutions as well as operating systems configurations;
• Develop and create baseline images of Windows operating system; Administer and support mobile device management solution;
• Create and maintain Active Directory Group Policies;
• Troubleshoot, resolve problems and provide preventive maintenance;
• Perform system software and hardware upgrades and patches; including planning, testing, scheduling, coordination and deployment;
• Research and test current and new infrastructure products and services. Conduct evaluation and proof of concepts of hardware and software technologies and provide recommendations on improving current platform;
• Administer and support remote access technologies;
• Utilize scripting to automate processes;
• Provide expert recommendations on highly complex issues for Desktop and Support teams;
• Work with Development teams, project management teams, and other IT teams to deliver the best desktop experience;
• Develop trends by monitoring and analyzing incoming calls, problems and support requests;
• Assist in providing a roadmap for the end users compute platform, including laptop, desktop and mobile devices; and
• Recommends appropriate changes to management with regard to standards and procedures based on business/technology trends and operational challenges utilizing collected performance metrics.
Preferred Candidate will Possess:
• Extensive experience with Windows 7 & 10. Certifications relevant to MS Windows are a plus;
• Experience in the field of Desktop Engineering including Windows image package creation, deployment and management;
• Strong working knowledge of technical approaches in design, build testing, debugging problems, client based security management tools, Networking concepts and mobile device management (MDM) solutions;
• Advanced knowledge, troubleshooting and support for Intel workstation hardware and remote access systems including VPN and two factor authentication; and
• Strong experience in PowerShell scripting language and Active Directory group policy.
Additional Comments Positions located within the New York City metropolitan area, as well as Suffolk, Nassau, Rockland, and Westchester Counties, are also eligible to receive an additional $3,026 annual downstate adjustment
Occasional travel to Albany, NY office will be required.
Appointment to this position is pending Division of Budget approval to fill.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo Apply: Interested qualified candidates must submit a resume and letter of interest no later than August 23, 2018 to the email address listed below. Please include Box ITS3-04011 in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. Email submissions are preferred.
New York State Department of Financial Services
Office of Human Resources Management
99 Washington Avenue, Suite 301
Albany, New York 12257
Fax: (518) 402-5071
All candidates that apply may not be scheduled for an interview
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT: REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Department of Financial Services is required to provide reasonable accommodation for known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability if an accommodation would enable the applicant to perform the essential functions of the job and the accommodation would not constitute an undue hardship on the operations of the agency.