Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as a Secretary 1; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Grade 9 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. *Must demonstrate adequate keyboarding skills by prior service in a keyboarding title or successful completion of a Keyboard Specialist performance test.
Employees reachable on the Secretary 1 Civil Service eligible list will be canvassed and should not respond to this posting. This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities.
NOTE: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer to Secretary 1 is available in the Division of Human Resources Management or through Civil Service GOT-IT available at www.cs.ny.gov.
Duties Description This position requires the ability to assume responsibility for assigned tasks, to communicate effectively in all circumstances, to prioritize tasks received from multiple staff and maintain the confidentiality of certain matters. Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary as well as proficiency in the use of computer programs such as Word and Excel. The successful candidate will demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude and the skill to deal with customers in a professional and helpful manner. A professional appearance and attitude is helpful.
This position is ideally suited for individuals who are highly motivated, logical and organized, are able to work well both independently and as part of a team, have good customer service skills, follow-up skills, and enjoy a busy, challenging and creative work environment.
Duties will include but not be limited to the following:
• Draft, prepare and distribute various correspondence, which includes Vacancy Postings, Canvasses, new employee and promotion letters, and other employee information.
• Act as back-up for OGS on-boarding preparation of documents that must be sent via email to new employees as well as to the BUPCs. Make sure all packets are set up with all pertinent documentation required as per OGS regulations.
• Act as back-up BUPC, making sure all new employees to our program areas have computers, ID’s, telephones, and have access to systems needed to fulfill their daily duties.
• Proof, scan, and electronically file all typed correspondence.
• Answer telephone calls and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
• Locate and attach appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring replies.
• Maintain HR Resumes mailbox.
• Greet and place visitors in the Passage Point system to drop off canvass letters, resumes, etc.
• Type and submit weekly PowerPoint slides.
• May perform other duties assigned.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.