Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Transfer: Currently a permanent Nurse 1 or 2.
Nurse 1: License AND current registration, issued by the Education Department, to practice as a Registered Nurse in New York State.
Nurse 2: License AND current registration, issued by the Education Department, to practice as a Registered Nurse in New York State, and 1 year of post licensure experience.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review appointments at the beginning of each day and set up exam room.
• Review and triage all outside consults and ensure recommendations are noted in the medical record and any orders resulting from outside consultants are distributed to our providers and/or staff at the IRA’s.
• Open/Distribute and Triages faxes, labs results, and test results based on urgency.
• Assists with sick call, annual physicals and pre-op clearance exams and minor surgical procedures.
• Provide lab services including venipuncture, processing samples with proper ICD codes and acquiring insurance information.
• Manage other clinic tasks as they occur.
Additional Comments ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
• Family and household member relationships: OPWDD policy may impact eligibility for this position. Employees are responsible for recognizing the relationship and not posting for positions where it would be a concern. Before you apply read Section 120.27 of the Region 3 Policy Manual. Please e-mail ODHPRSNL if you have you need help determining if this policy applies to you.
• CAPA: Must be cleared by the NYS Central Register for Child Abuse and Maltreatment, if position requires working with minors and not previously cleared.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• Please note: Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingCapital District DDSO
Amy Link, Human Resources Specialist 2
500 Balltown Road
Schenectady, New York 12304
OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER