Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Current Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services employee with permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as a Criminal Justice Program Representative 1 and interested in reassignment; OR current New York State employee with one year or more permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as a Criminal Justice Program Representative 1; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Grade 13 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law*.
*Successful completion of two-year traineeship leads to appointment as a Criminal Justice Representative, SG-18:
Criminal Justice Program Representative Trainee 1: Current New York State employees with one year of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a title SG-13 and above and eligible for transfer under section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Criminal Justice Program Representative Trainee 2: Current New York State employees with one year of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a title SG-14 and above and eligible for transfer under section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
New York State employees with current standing on the Professional Career Opportunity (PCO) eligible list with the score of 100 are encouraged to apply.
Employees reachable on the Criminal Justice Program Representative 1 Civil Service eligible list will be canvassed and should not respond to this posting. This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities.
General Public - 55b/c eligible applicants only:
Either 1. a bachelor's degree in criminal justice, psychology, or sociology, AND two years of qualifying experience;
Or 2. a master's degree in criminal justice, psychology, or sociology, AND one year of qualifying experience;
Or 3. six years of qualifying experience.
Qualifying Experience Includes:
1. Experience developing or administering grants and programs which support crime prevention and control; or
2. Experience in a public or private agency as a victim services provider, juvenile officer, crime prevention and community policing officer, probation officer, parole officer, youth services worker, or experience in an alternative sentencing program or similar program. The public or private agency in which the experience was obtained must have a mission which supports criminal and/or juvenile justice programs and crime prevention and control through activities which address a range of issues including but not limited to alcohol and drug abuse, domestic violence, children and family services, and other social issues which contribute to crime.
Note: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer to a Criminal Justice Program Representative 1
is available in the Division of Human Resources Management or through Civil Service GOT-IT at www.cs.ny.gov.
Duties Description • Responsible for managing a caseload of Homeland Security and State funded grant contracts.
• Reviewing grant applications and making funding recommendations on the applications.
• Preparing grant contracts from applications/RFP's, including project budgets, work plans, and special conditions, according to state and federal guidelines.
• Reviewing and monitoring expenditures and programs of local and state grantees to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements.
• Providing assistance to grantees in administering their grant funded programs, and preparing programmatic and fiscal reports.
Additional Comments • Travel will be required
• Must have a valid NYS Driver’s License.
NOTE: Support of operations during times of emergency and disaster from State Emergency Operations Center (EOC), state field offices and/or local deployments may be required, which would result in a change and/or increase in working hours, locations and/or duties.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.