Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Rockland Psychiatric Center, Building 57
Duties Description The incumbent will supervise a multi-disciplinary team providing treatment services to alcohol and substance abuse disordered patients with co-occurring mental health disorders. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Supervise staff (possibly ACAs, ACIs, and ACIIs), including preparing performance tasks/objectives, standards, appraisals and ratings;
• Lead and supervise team staff in patient assessment, planning, and maintaining a procedurally correct patient record;
• Assist in ensuring that individual and group counseling is provided to each patient assigned to a case management team;
• Provide administrative/programmatic coverage in the absence of the Assistant Director;
• Providing supervisory coverage that result from alternate work days/hours to ensure proper building supervision;
• Carrying out crisis intervention or other treatment services when necessary;
• Carrying out didactic sessions; and carrying a case load of patients;
• Participating actively on the Leadership Team and other committees or work groups as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned, such as admissions department coordination.
Blaisdell ATC is a Tobacco-Free Facility
Additional Comments Excellent Health Insurance Benefits Including Vision and Dental, NYS Employees Retirement System (Pension), Optional Deferred Compensation, Continuing Education Benefits, Generous Paid Leave Benefits, Compensation for 12 State holidays per year.
Background Investigation Requirements:
Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable. 2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC) that includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information, and may be required to pay any necessary fees. 3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees may be required to pay any necessary fees. Additionally, prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1450 Western Avenue, 4th Floor