Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration. Candidates must also have a minimum of five years' experience leading Treasury, Receivables Management and/or Collection efforts and middle office investment functions.
Seeking candidate with the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Strong managerial skills, team building, and organizational skills;
• Treasury Management Certification; and
• Experience with leading business process improvement and system transformation
Duties Description The Treasurer is responsible for oversight of the receivables management area, including cash management, collections and refunds, as well as investments’ middle office operations. The Treasurer is part of the Executive team and reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Overseeing cash management and collections operations for NYSIF’s Workers Compensation and Disability Benefits Funds;
• Managing NYSIF’s middle office investments operation by anticipating funds available for investment and validating all trades prior to settlement;
• Ensuring the accuracy and effectiveness of the agency’s billing programs;
• Liaising with the Executive Project Management Office regarding the ongoing modernization of systems and workflows;
• Maintaining broker database for trade clearance;
• Authorizing all corporate actions for the agency;
• Liaising with NYS Department of Taxation & Finance, the legal custodian of NYSIF accounts;
• Overseeing NYSIF's banking relationships; and
• Preparing and presenting reports to Board of Commissioners and Executive Staff as necessary.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingCandidates should email or mail a resume and cover letter to:
The New York State Insurance Fund
Attn: Human Resources
15 Computer Drive West
Albany, NY 12205
E-Mail address: email@example.com